The first thing is credible information. Removal companies should be able to equip their clients with the correct information, especially if their removal is to an international destination. At present, there are quite a number of restrictions that have been placed on travel from and to countries across the world. South Africa is, unfortunately, one of the countries with more than 100 Covid-19 infections and this restricts entry into some countries for an undetermined period of time. There are many sources of information on travel restrictions but this article on CNN covers a number of the larger countries.
Looking at removals within the borders of South Africa, there are currently no restrictions on this at the time of writing, but this could of course change at any given time. Monarch Moving will, of course, endeavour to provide its clients with the most up-to-date information possible on all local and international removals. You can also refer to the website set up by the South African Government for all the latest news on the coronavirus and cases of Covid-19 within South Africa.
Precautions that Removal Companies should be taking
The precautions that need to be taken by every person worldwide are the ones that we as a removal company are also abiding by. The following are the precautions as set out by the World Health Organisation (WHO):
- Washing of hands with soap for a period of 20 seconds or more and also washing them frequently throughout the day
- Avoid touching the face, including the eyes, mouth and nose
- Cough or sneeze into the fold of the elbow or a tissue and dispose of it safely and as soon as possible
- Try and avoid crowded places (no more than 100 people in South Africa)
- We encourage our staff to stay at home if they feel unwell, even with a slight cough or fever
- If any member of staff feels ill they are encouraged to seek medical advice from their doctor or clinic
- Stay aware of the latest info from the WHO, as well as the South African Government
We can get through this together
At this time there is so much “doom and gloom” making the rounds in the media about the coronavirus. At Monarch Moving we try and encourage each other to look out for our fellow human beings. Ultimately, we are all in this together and we need to make sure we curb the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible, but we all need to do it as a collective. We can get through this together and we will. The whole situation may teach us all some valuable lessons and shape society a little different in the future.
Contact Monarch Moving
If you have any questions around current or upcoming removals or services you may require, please feel free to contact us via the website, call us on 0861 932 329 or email us on email@example.com. Our goal remains the same as ever, to reduce the stress of your household removal and we intend to do so more now than ever before.