International relocation is a big move indeed. It needn’t be stressful though. with proper planning in advance you should have everything pretty well covered. If you’re thinking of moving to South Africa, here at Monarch Moving & Storage we’ve put together some useful tips, checklists and resources.
Getting A Quote
To make is easier to plan your budget ahead, we will help you with your pre-move survey, just complete our quick free quote form here. Typically you’ll want to consider these points during your cost planning process:
- What is the shipment method?
- Will your have your own container or shared?
- Is insurance included and what does it cover?
- Are customs clearance, terminal and port handling fees included?
- Is packing and unpacking included?
- Does the service provider offer specialty services for unusual items (e.g. vehicles, arts & antiques, piano, pets)?
- What time frame is the quote valid?
Guides on moving to South Africa
ExpatCapeTown has excellent guides on pretty much everything you need to know about moving to South Africa, including:
- Immigration to South Africa
- Moving Your Family – Moving with Kids
- Getting connected with Utilities
- Living Expenses and Cost of Living
- Money Matters FAQs
- Culture Shock Guide – Settling In Tips
- Moving and Relocation Directory
You can view the guides here.
Monarch’s team of dedicated removal experts will help you with all aspects of your International Relocation, from a detailed inventory of your belongings prior to the event; documenting and adhering to any special requirements, to shipping speciality items, vehicles and priceless artworks. Request a free quote to find out more about our relocation and specialist removal services.